Frankincense, Sacred Essential Oil (Boswellia sacra) is also commonly known as Olibanum, Olibanum Tree Oil, and Sacred Frankincense. Frankincense, Sacred Essential Oil has a medium-strength balsamic, rich, warm, slightly spicy, sweet, and woody aroma presenting a base fragrance note.
Frankincense, Sacred Essential Oil is part of the Rocky Mountain Oils Skin Care and Wellness collections. This rare oil, when properly diluted with a carrier oil, may help improve the appearance of all skin types while toning and tightening the skin. The oil also may help fade the appearance of scars.
Frankincense, Sacred Essential Oil enhances deep meditation, working to balance emotions and lessening feelings of loneliness, frailty, and grief. Use the oil to help combat stressors.
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neither Rocky Mountain Oils nor its products are intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing or preventing any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
All types of Frankincense essential oil share similar properties; however, there are several differences that make each type of Frankincense unique.
- Frankincense, Sacred has a balsamic, rich, woody, warm, sweet, and slightly spicy aroma with its sweet woodiness as the most pungent.
- Frankincense, Sacred is a rare essential oil, and many people consider it to be the most therapeutic and highly sought-after essential oil in the world.
- Frankincense, Sacred comes from the Boswellia sacra tree, which is only found in Oman. The Oman desert landscape is harsh and challenging with rocky slopes and chalky soil. Such conditions make it impossible for any other type of Boswellia tree to survive. This makes the type of resin from the Boswellia sacra tree rarer than the resin of its cousins.
- The resin from the Boswellia sacra tree that we use to create the essential oil is collected before it completely hardens. This keeps the resin, and the oil, in its purest form.
- Frankincense, Sacred contains 20% more alpha-pinene than other types of Frankincense. Alpha-pinene provides great therapeutic benefits for skin, oral health, the immune system, and the respiratory system.
Botanical Name: Boswellia sacra
Country of Origin: Oman
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Resin
Aroma: Woodsy, Earthy
Blends Well With: Black Cumin, Cedarwood, Lavender, Lemon, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang
- Dilute with a carrier oil to improve the appearance of all skin types
- Dilute with a carrier oil or shea butter to help fade new and old scars
- Diffuse to help enhance deep meditation
- Diffuse or apply topically to draw on inner strength
Learn more ways to use Frankincense on the Rocky Mountain Oils Recipe Book!
Non-toxic, generally non-irritating. Can be skin irritating if oxidized.
Click here for dilution rates.
Kids Safety: Safe to use topically with children 2 years of age and older. Dilute to a 1-2% dilution rate for topical application.
Practice safe diffusing:
– Diffuse in an open, well-ventilated area.
– Keep children out of the direct line of mist.
– Diffuse in 30-60 minute intervals with ample break periods for safe and effective use.
Your trust and confidence is very important to us. As part of our S.A.A.F.E. Promise to you, we provide GC/MS (Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry) test results from a verified third party, independent lab for each one of our essential oil products.
GC/MS tests verify the purity and quality of the oils we sell, so you can be sure you’re using the highest quality oils available on the market today.
For batch specific GC/MS test click here.